Our approach to privacy
As part of running our business we sometimes need to collect, maintain and use personal data about you. That will normally be if you are a current, past or prospective client, customer or contributor, or an individual who has contacted us and needs a response.
Just so you know, the legal basis that we have to process your data falls into four categories:
- If you have a contract with us and processing your data is necessary for performing that contract – for example if you are an existing client, customer or contributor
- If you have provided consent for a specific purpose – for example, if you have consented to receive news or event updates from us
- If processing your data is necessary for a legitimate reason (provided our reason for doing so is not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your data protected) – for example, responding to enquiries or requests from you, optimising our website and client experience, keeping you informed about our services and ensuring that our operations are conducted appropriately and efficiently
- If processing your data is necessary for us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Where we process your data based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details set out below.
We take your privacy seriously. Any personal information you give us, either through this website (for example, responding to a job advertisement), via email or direct mail, phone contact or direct contact in person, shall be used only in a way that complies with applicable UK data protection legislation and specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR). We will be the controller of any such personal information. It is our policy not to sell or exchange your data to or with third parties and neither will we send future promotional materials from ourselves or business associates unless requested by you.
The information we collect and how we use it
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information, or in the pursuit of our own business development, or for recruitment purposes.
We may gather the following information about you:
- Email address related to your work
- Telephone number related to your work
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Mobile device ID.
Information provided by you in relation to submitting a job application to us may include sensitive personal information e.g. ethnic origin and home contact details.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
How do we use it?
We will use this information in the following ways:
- to provide you with information you have requested e.g. newsletters, bulletins
- to respond to specific queries
- to process and consider your job application.
We do not pass your information to third parties, other than if we are required to do so for regulatory or law enforcement reasons, or in the event that we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, in which case we will share your personal information with the new owners and their advisors.
We will only provide information you have asked us for.
We are a London-based company and we will not transfer your data to countries around the world. However, our servers are cloud-based; they adhere to strict data protection policies to safeguard any and all data.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date, and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the relevant data and the purposes for which it is kept.
Under 16 year olds
The website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from or about any person under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16 years old and wish to ask a question of this site in any way that requires you to submit your personal information, please get your parent of guardian to do so on your behalf.
How to obtain a copy of your information
You are entitled to:
- Ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected
- Have any personal information we hold about you erased in certain circumstances (e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed)
- Object to or restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g. if you tell us that your personal information is inaccurate, for the period in which we verify the accuracy of that information)
- In certain circumstances, receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or ask us to transmit that information directly to a third-party organisation.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
How to contact us if your information or choices change
If your personal information or your preferences change, you don’t want us to send you the information you have requested, or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and titling your email ’GDPR query’.
We will report any unlawful breaches of data held by us to the ICO as required within 72 hours of becoming aware of a breach taking place if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
How to contact us
Kean House, 6 Kean Street,
London WC2B 4AS
or telephoning 020 7010 0999 and asking for GDPR support